Job Title: Materials Inspector
Responsible To: Materials Controller
Direct Reports: None
Purpose of Job:
Carrying out materials inspections to ensure compliance with contract requirements relating to Quality Assurance, Control and Inspection of materials received or stored by company until despatched and accepted by customer.
• Provision of materials inspection, preservation, materials management and inventory support to Operations.
• Ensure quality plans, procedures and internal materials inspection and goods despatch processes are adhered to.
• Ensure materials inspection and management activities are in compliance with company and customer procedures and policies at all times.
• Inward material Inspection as per purchase order, Dimensional, visual and quantity verification of each item.
• Goods outward inspection. Checking packing, labelling and documentation is in order prior to goods despatch to customer or project location.
• Visual and detailed inspection and preparing reports for any damage caused during transportation, unloading, materials checking etc.
• Responsible for carrying out final inspection of products, identifying and issuing final release notes.
• Responsible for ensuring that non-conforming material is identified and quarantined, with supporting NCRs being prepared. Reporting any non complying items to the Material Controller & Quality Representative.
• Material certificate review and endorsement as per contract and purchase order quality plan requirements.
• Provide weekly input to the company QA/QC reporting system, with regards to trends and unresolved exceptions and problems
• Carrying out inspection at sub-suppliers or off site inspections as required.
• Provide early warning of potential quality assurance and control issues and ensure non-conformances are identified, tracked and closed out effectively.
• Provide expertise to the materials and warehousing team to avoid, mitigate and resolve quality issues.
• Work closely with warehouse personnel and advise them of correct preservation and packing requirements for goods outward shipments.
• Communicate effectively with company personnel, customer representatives, contractors and Third Parties
• Ensure all materials inspection databases and reporting tools are updated and maintained concisely and accurately with the latest information.
• Ensure that material code creation is conducted accurately, concisely and in a consistent manner
• Proactively inform materials controller and materials team in case of unexpected delays or issues with received orders. Provide the necessary support to materials handling team to resolve any customer service, quality or safety issues.
• Provide input to weekly and monthly reports
• Participate in external and internal audits.
• Provide technical support and advice to company personnel regarding materials inspection, movement and inventory processes.
• Raise non-conformances related to materials inspection and management activities.
• Stop any job or unsafe act to avoid accidents, injury or damage to personnel or property.
• Take necessary actions to improve customer service, quality and safety performance and contract delivery
Operations, Finance, QHSE, Contract Delivery Manager, Supply Chain inventory and materials team. Warehouse Operatives.
Customer representatives, vendors, auditors
FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSES
Technical Qualification, materials inspection training, quality training or certification, rigging and lifting training. Hazardous goods awareness. Manual handling awareness.
Degree Qualification in a relevant field,
- 5 years minimum as a Materials Inspector or Warehouse Supervisor, Working knowledge of MRP / ERP / SAP Systems
- Proven experience carrying out materials inspections.
- Experience in materials movements from requisition, delivery to job - site and close out and reconciliation.
- Proven knowledge of materials inspection, quality assurance, quality control, packing and preservation, warehousing and logistics within the oil and gas industry.
- 3 plus years experience as a Materials Inspector for an MRO contractor.
- Computer Literate
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can - do attitude and a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Experience of problem solving and continuous improvement techniques.
- Proven ability to work in deadline-driven environments and work within teams.
- Demonstrate Initiative and self-motivation in handling assigned tasks.
E - mail : [email protected]
Interested candidate should indicate “Materials Inspector” in the subject line of their mails